Saturday, May 20, 2006

In My Garden : Review & Analysis of Song Nandha En Nila

Finale @ Front

Music reveals some answers/solution to peace, not only it’s just a medicine.

Music @ Middle:


“In My Garden”

I can able to see my friend’s twinkling eyes while uttering the above sentence. First of all, I should enlighten something about my friend, he is such a crazy music lover, knew everything about music, especially his knowledge about ghazzal and jugalbandhi are quite amazing, but even though he likes Vanijayaram’s and PBS’s, both are the giants of Tamizh Gazal singing, he is more towards North Indian classical and likes Pankaj Udas’ and Jajit Singh’s. And he always arguing with me that Tamizh gazals are only a replication of North Indian classical, and I always agree with him, as I do not know anything about Music, that too Gazals and jugalbandhi’s. Even today he asked me to come to his house, to listen some gaazal CD’s, which he used to do in the weekends, when I asked where he is going to listen Gazal today’s evening , the above statement , he replied.

As my friend went off, I sat in front of my computer and searching for some movies to spend the time in my friend's film folder, ended with some English movie. I started to watch one movie (My friend likes Jim Carry), but I can’t able to concentrate on that as I was thinking of my friend and his argument of Tamizh gaazals versus North Indian’s. I took one Audio CD from my Audio library, labeled “MADHUVANDHI”, which is my favorite and always makes my friend to argue upon. He used to say that all the song sung by Vani ji were based on Madhuvandhi+Kapi based jugalbandhi, which originally derived from North-Indian’s, and Raaja replicated those in his own. But, I can’t agree with this as I know about Raaja and his abilities. May be Raaja took the inspiration from them, but its not a merely a reproduction, I’m sure. Adjusting the walkman’s earphone, I was entering into my garden, my walkman slowly renders the melody voice of Vani’s “Ennuil Engo Engum Geedham”, (One will feel the Eeghandham even in the Delhi-Chennai traffic if listens to this song) and then follows some melodies of Illakanam Marudho, Ilansolai Poothadha, Meendum Meendum Vaa”, By praising Raaja and MSV, I was slowly entering into my world, as my programmable walkman asked “Selcet the Next song” , “Naandha En Nila”, I replied.

Nandha En Nila, I don’t know the composer’s name of this song, but I knew many great things about his composing, and his nickname as Swami, Raaja consider him as his mentor (and thru’ some sources I came to know that Raaja learned Music from swamiji) and Raaja’s daughter Bhavadharini learned music from swamiji. Raja and Sawmi jointly composed music for some Malayalam films. He composed some Tamizh movie also, including Jesudas’s masterpiece of “Nalla Manam Vaazhga” from OOdathupoo kan simitgiradhu, and my all time favorite of this song “Nanda En Nila”. Sri. Sekar, father of the talented Rehman was Swamiji’s assistant, and he only introduced SPB to Swamiji. Swamiji’s specialization is mixing of madhuvandhi with kuntalavarali and giving some feels of gazals. Even, I missed to check his name when he came to SUN TV’s sapthaswarngal. Two years back, I happened to visit “Film News” Anandan’s house to submit my SPB’s Songs DB, I asked him “Sir Who is the Music Director of Nandha En Nila?.”, and, “Shri Dakshinamoorthy”, he replied.

Shri Dakshinamoorthy’s Specialty is as said earlier, the usage of raga Madhuvandhi. Madhuvandhi, What a beautiful name? This raga is suitable for the third quarter of the day, especially towards the birth of moon. The song based on Madhuvandhi always produces Peace, and chanting environment. Listening to Madhuvandhi always ends up with some peace of mind, and if you search the solution for something, and in order to thrash the hectic, my musical prescription will be madhuvandhi filled “Nanda en nila song”. One full moon day evening, I was resting my head in my lover’s lap, and sipping madhuvandhi from Raaja’s cup “Ennuilae Edho”, I closed my eyes, and requested my lover “if our kid will be a male baby, we should name him as RAAJA”, my lover smiled as she knew neither father’s name to male baby nor mom’s name to female kid can be possible, hence she asked “if its girl like me, hmmm”, few seconds of silence, “MADHUVANDHI”, I replied.

Madhvandhi, itself sweet quoted honey, just imagine the taste, when SPB sings this raga. This is what called adding enhancements? I believe, some unknown angel remembered the good things of my last birth and made my parents to give me a name bracketed with this popular singer’s. Nanda En Nila Song is not at all the first madhuvandhi offer to SPB, he sang many. But this song got some magical mania. While singing the continuous flow of a song, singers tend to miss the sruthi in some odd times, but SPB, always proves this axiom false, and it’s a cake walk to him always, just refresh the songs, “Kanmaniye Kaadhal” from 6-60 and “Vaanenghum Thanga vinmeengal” from Moondram Pirai, which is ofcourse my favorite. While singing these kinds of songs, like others, he never strains. Once LP praised SPB “Bala is the only singer who knows how to speedup from low to high pitch and the reverse, after Mohd. Rafi”, a statement from a composer who used the giants like Kishor kumar and Rafi. Ofcourse, I never compare SPB with either Rafi Saab, or Kishore Da or Dasattan, because I know SPB is beyond this kind of childish comparison, as the song lyrics goes like this “Aarundhadhi pola pirandhu vandhaiyo”. Also, I want to make a point here, to my knowledge, full moon got recognition over 3rd day budding moon, only because of SPB’s voice. (In earth, Moonrampiraiku Kidaikum Aanghigaram Mulanilavuku Paavam Kidaipadhuillai). It started drizzling, I was enjoying it with full moon and refreshed one incident, one of my colleagues, she is a north Indian girl, asked me “Bala, a sweet name (Baluvumdhandi Penne), I think It’s a name of a God, I Believe Son of Lord Shiva, am I correct Bala?”, before my reply, my friend came to the act, “No No It’s a Popular Singer’s name”, for me, he replied.

“Sarak Sarak”, my friend was toweling my soaked head, seems he returned back to my house, as he always use to share my bed in the nights. He pours Navarathana oil into my head and starts some massage, I ask him, “How did spend your time”, he continues his massage “Actually after went off from you, I started to watch an English movie “Me, Myself, Irene” (Atleast Try to Watch Some English Movies, Don’t Put your eyes on Tamizh films like Anniyan- My Friend), and suddenly thinking of you, so picked up one CD and started to listen some jugalbandhis, ofcourse North India’s, he smiles, and replies.

“dwsszzsewsew”, my friend dehydrates my head with dryer as I close my eyes, he asks me “Then, how did you spent your evening?”, without opening my eyes, enjoying his massage, and reply “ I was listening to jughalbhandi”, as my friend surprises, and asks “jugalbandhi?? Hmm, where??” I open my eyes, make it twinkling, and reply.

Rationale @ Rear

Music is a divine act which brings Aura beyond your heads and oracle in your souls. Peace is the rationale for a good music, and music in the form of madhuvandhi will take one to a peaceful garden and will preach the peace. Irene, (not the heroine name of the English movie ‘Me, Myself, Irene’) means personification of peace, which actually derived from Thriumoolar’s Thirumandhiram “Irenae nandham isiandhu”, from this only I believe the word “nandha” (means, peace) derived and prefixed in NANDHAVANAM (a garden). So, if you want, a peace, a solution to some secrets, and you are a teetotaler, listen to MADHUVANDHI with SPB’s voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home