Sunday, May 21, 2006

'Rum' Single Space 'Bum' : Rock-n-Roll SPB

“If Kamal is a hidden Singer in an Actor, then SPB is an epitome of the Vice Versa”, an Adage, I author’ed, used to quote to my friends, thereby, the only time I make my friends’ heads waggled and me ends with a smug. Whenever listening to this song “Rum Bum” From MMKR, my Brain (“Bala, Do U have one?”-My Brain) starts asking some questions, OK Let it Be, Now I’m Listening to that Song.

MMKR is a perfect Comedy movie, so for this song Kamal Requested Raaja to compose a starting Bit, with some humor sense, hence Raaja Composed. Just Listens the Starting Bit and Starting Before the First Stanza, Composed in 25 Minutes!
Is anything there in Music that Does Raaja not aware of?

Once I Asked a State Ranker Girl (thanks
www.prodigyhub.org), she is now my close friend, about her favorite Comedian, expecting some Jim Carrys, the maxima or some Viveks, the minima, But She Replied me “Kamal Hasan”. Sometimes, not only the Questions, but also the answers make one to think, and hence I did, then. In this song, Kamal’s performance is quite amazing, the Dancing, mischievous, Usual impish leelas, what not? And not to forget his laughing after getting a L2L (Refer Lover’s Lexicon) from Kushboo.Is there any Special Superlatives than an actor, because if Kamal said to be an actor, then how come I can call all other amateurs?

Rum Bum, Aarambam, What it Means, many would have asked the lyrist, (seems ‘vaali’ bhakavinar, Srirangam means Mischievous, isn’t?). But, just listens, the singer (especially, male singer) stressing Rum, half a Maathirai (for the definition of Maathirai, ask your tamizh aasaan), and then Bum, another half a Maathirai, And then one intoxicated Aarambam, hmm the male singer is “Theeradha Vilaiatu Pillai, Avan Singara Manmadhan dhan Sandhegam Illai.” Once, teen-aged Balu (was a good boy, then) asked his English master “Sir, What is Rum, and What is Bum?

Chitra, the Name Spells Melody, one can Say. Those days, the money was on the cards of SPB-Chitra duets, and they did a splendid job. The list is a lengthy with everlasting duets like “Kaadhal Kavidhaighal”, “Guruvaurappa”, “Unnai thota Thendral” (Don’t confuse it with SPB-Swarnaladha’s), and this particular song. I Think Chittu’s Voice is Apt to Kushboo, in this song also she competing with SPB very well.
Why don’t you call Wordsworth’s CUCKOO as Chittu?

Balu, the top of the above four, yet a simple song, amazing is his perfection and delivery. No one can be perfect, if one, and then SPB, I would say. I repeat my above adage here as listening to “Ezhu Ettu Nattkal Aachu”, listen the articulation of the word “Ezhu”, and one small ‘EEakkam’ one will feel; but this is not new to My SPB as he always doing this, Just refresh another great duet of Balu-Chitra, “Yai Aiyasamy” from Varusham 16, and listen the lines “Vaaram Naala Aachu Mulza Toonghi” (Paazil Always gives one song to SPB in his Films, but always that song will beat the songs of Paazil’s in-house singer, don’t get anger, listen to Sivagami Nininipanile), but the highlight of song “Rumbum”, is the elocution of the word “Peernembam” of the first stanza finishing, with some agile articulation, simultaneously watch the action of Kamal, Can anybody tell me which comes first, “Recording of a Song” or “Picturization of a song”

There is one cini hall called “Madhi” in the temple city Madurai, once this hall got a fame of releasing Kamal’s movies, now migrating into Vijay’s and Ajith’s. But still in all the Audio shops of MDU welcomes U with a smiley face, wearing white shirt, who is none other than a famous ACTOR knows how to SING the representation of Pathos, Romantic, tease, Potent, yes also Comedy, his name is SPB, I asked one of the shopmen (Japan Audio Vision, Mahamadiyar Lane, Town Hall Road) “If Change is the Only Constant, why so always SPB?”, he replied

SPB is an Everlasting ERA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home